5 Fun Hair Facts
- The average person has roughly between 100,000 and 150,000 strands of hair on their head.
- Hair is the fastest growing tissue in the body. The only thing that grows faster is bone marrow.
- Humans are born with all of their hair follicles and there is no possible way to increase the number of follicles you have.
- Black is the most common hair color. Red is the rarest and only exists in about 1 percent of the world’s population, with blonde hair found in 2 percent.
5. Hair contains information about everything that has ever been in your bloodstream, including drugs, and is one of the most commonly used types of forensic evidence.