5 Fun Hair Facts
- The average person has roughly between 100,000 and 150,000 strands of hair on their head.
- Hair is the fastest growing tissue in the body. The only thing that grows faster is bone marrow.
- Humans are born with all of their hair follicles and there is no possible way to increase the number of follicles you have.
- Black is the most common hair color. Red is the rarest and only exists in about 1 percent of the world’s population, with blonde hair found in 2 percent.
5. Hair contains information about everything that has ever been in your bloodstream, including drugs, and is one of the most commonly used types of forensic evidence.
The only thing about you that can’t be identified by your hair is your gender—men’s hair and women’s hair are identical in structure.